Thursday, May 17, 2012

Energized Turbulence


Energized Turbulence, originally uploaded by Fort Photo.

My wife and I went out to the eastern plains of Colorado to find the super moon on Saturday night and were gifted with a beautiful lightning storm for the encore. I feel fortunate to have gotten a chance to photograph such a photogenic storm!

Image Notes: photographing lightning can be dangerous, please be careful if you give it a try. I use an Ebay radio remote to trigger my camera wirelessly and occasionally use a window mount (such as here). I would love some day to own a lightning trigger but for now rely on repeated exposures with as long shutter speed as I can manage. It's a bit like photographing meteors, you never know when you are going to get lucky but can take steps to increase the odds of landing a big fish. ;-)))

No comments: