Saturday, August 11, 2007

Advancing On To Peace


On Flickr

I love you Papa.

This is dedicated to Papa (my grandfather). Papa passed on last Wednesday night after a struggle that has seen him taking multiple ambulance rides to the hospital in the past months. He lived a long, loving and kind life that is an example on how to live I will always treasure. Some of you might remember he is who originally turned me onto photography and who taught me how to use my first 35 mm SLR camera. I am eternally blessed and better for having known Papa.

I wanted to share a few quotes that I've found some meaning in at this time:

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~From a headstone in Ireland

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. ~Kahlil Gibran

Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains. ~Kahlil Gibran

Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. ~Author Unknown

While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil. ~John Taylor

Let children walk with Nature, let them see the beautiful blendings and communions of death and life, their joyous inseparable unity, as taught in woods and meadows, plains and mountains and streams of our blessed star, and they will learn that death is stingless indeed, and as beautiful as life. ~John Muir

No comments: